The Secure Borders, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Reform Act of 2007
1. Amnesty from all back taxes. Illegal aliens who have evaded taxes are given full and total amnesty from all back taxes at the insistence of the Bush Administration.
2. Amnesty from document fraud and identity theft for the millions of illegal aliens who routinely use fraudulent documents to obtain jobs and other benefits but who have not been convicted of these felonies. Section 604 of the act specifically prohibits government employees from reporting crimes disclosed in an illegal alien's application for adjustment of status or in any of the supporting documents to law enforcement or to the victims of identity theft. Should federal government employees report document fraud, identity theft and other felonies, they are subject to a $10,000 fine. This is pure and simply total amnesty for criminal illegal aliens who have committed multiple felonies. The act offers no justice for the American citizen victims of these crimes and leaves them to recover their identities and credit histories at the cost of hundreds of hours of work and thousands of dollars.
3. Amnesty from illegal entry into the United States that allows all 12 to 20 million illegal aliens to remain in the United States with probationary legal status in violation of the rule of law. In addition, it prohibits anyone from being deported between the time the law is enacted and the time they file their paperwork. This permits them to continue to use their fraudulent documents and stolen identities with impunity until such time as they are given new documents by the U.S. government.
4. Amnesty for businesses who have violated federal tax law - Section 605. Any business that didn't pay taxes associated with the employment of illegal aliens has the slate wiped clean. Employers who violate tax laws while hiring authorized workers receive no such amnesty.
5. Amnesty for businesses that have hired illegal aliens in violation of current law - Section 605. Businesses that have accepted fraudulent documents, stolen identities including those of hundreds of thousands or possibly even millions of American children, and who have paid substandard wages are granted total amnesty.